Join the OSP
Serving Our Children (SOC) believes that all students, regardless of income or socioeconomic status, should have access to a quality education. SOC invites private schools in the District of Columbia to join the scholarship program. Thousands of Opportunity scholarships have been awarded since 2004, and most years the scholarship cap increases. For school year 2018-2019, the scholarship cap is up to $8,653 for elementary and middle schools, and up to $12,981 for high schools.
To participate in the program, schools must meet eligibility requirements. While the investment schools make in our program is primarily time, their return on investment in enrollment numbers is often significant. More importantly, participants help strengthen their communities by giving these children educational opportunities that can promote successful futures.
To participate in the program schools:
- Have a main campus in D.C.
- Be accredited or be in the process of becoming accredited by one of the following accepted accrediting agencies
- The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)
- The Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS)
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- The Virginia Association of Independent Schools
- American Montessori Internationale (AMI)
- The American Montessori Society
- The National Academy of Early Childhood Programs
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Have a valid Certificate of Occupancy listing education as a purpose
- Be in “good” financial standing
To participate in the program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 202-464-6712.