Join the OSP
Serving Our Children (SOC) believes that all students, regardless of income or socioeconomic status, should have access to a quality education. SOC invites private schools in the District of Columbia to join the Opportunity Scholarship Program (OSP). Thousands of OSP scholarships have been awarded since 2004. For school year 2019-2020, the scholarship cap is up to $9,022 for elementary and middle schools, and up to $13,534 for high schools. The scholarship cap is subject to an annual inflationary increase.
While the investment schools make in our program is primarily time, more importantly, participating schools help strengthen their communities by giving low income children access to more educational opportunities that can promote successful futures.
Partnering with Serving Our Children allows your school to be part of a larger effort to ensure every child has an opportunity to receive a high-quality education, and to help parents make the best education choices for their child. The D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program offers many low-income families the opportunity to send their child to a D.C. private school. Find out how the program works and how you can participate.
To participate in the program schools must meet eligibility requirements, including:
- Have a main campus in D.C.
- Be accredited (or, for grandfathered schools participating in the OSP prior to 2015, be in the process of becoming accredited) by one of the following accepted accrediting agencies:
- The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)
- The Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS)
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- The Virginia Association of Independent Schools
- American Montessori Internationale (AMI)
- The American Montessori Society
- The National Academy of Early Childhood Programs
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Have a valid Certificate of Occupancy listing education as a purpose
- Be in “good” financial standing
To participate in the program please email email@example.com or contact 202-464-6712.